Press release for new feature Rat Catcher and Indiegogo funding page
Think Rambo. Think Deerhunter. Think Bourne…
We love making big things happen with small budgets… So we’re back, to make more cinematic magic but we need your help!
Following the successful global sales deal that we secured for our previous feature film Wasteland, we are back for more; producing a more ambitious film, with a slightly more sophisticated budget. We ALREADY have a number of distributors and sales agents lined up for negotiation on this film, so a large part of our battle is done…
We’ve got lots of videos listed in the ‘UPDATES‘ section of the site, that tells you everything you need to know about the budget and the content of the film… But for now, let us tell you all about RAT CATCHER.
The three brothers have a close bond, that has broken in recent years because of their ill-made decisions. Now, after the death of their Dad, they’ve reunited and are making a conscious effort to bond by going away to a log cabin in the middle of nowhere on a testosterone-fuelled hunting trip.
Keen to move on to a new chapter, as a family, one brother want to wipe the slate clean. However, the trouble that the other brothers have caused at home has followed them there… Along with a current girlfriend who’s intentions are not as purely sexual as they appear at face value.
Their mission is to now get through this trip alive, protecting one another but fighting a gang of thugs as they go… It’s a hunting trip like no other, that has certainly taken a terrifying twist… Will they all survive? And how will it end?
Why RAT CATCHER?
We are always inspired by films that get under your skin and make you think; keeping you on the edge of your seat throughout. That’s what RAT CATCHER is about…
Three brothers take a hunting trip in a remote woodland. As they arrive for their long weekend away, they discover they are not the only ones on the hunt…
Script, Stunts and Sexual Direction?
With the direction from our very own Universal Studios trained Tom Wadlow and top fight and stunt choreographer Dr Ian Stapleton, RAT CATCHER promises superbly effective action, violence and with award winning scriptwriter Gavin Harrison to compliment the team, the twist in the tale promises to surprise even the most keen film fan.
Why help US?
We are creating 50+ jobs. We are encouraging independent film in the UK. We are developing talent. We are developing British business opportunities. With ambitions this big, what’s there not to love about what we’re doing here?
What We Need & What You Get
We’re well known for producing high ambition films on a very low budget. So why are we needing any money at all? There are plenty of reasons, that we have broken down below, but you will get something back EACH AND EVERY time you contribute… With perks ranging from signed props and signed DVDs to set visits (yep, you will meet celebs!) and personal/company advertising!
- Our talented cast & crew need to be enticed with a financial reward to get them on board, this isn’t a significant amount however as the opportunity of working on this sort of project is substantial. But they still need a little help covering bills!
- We will be causing things to ‘blow up’ in RAT CATCHER, whether this is done live or within the confines of a computer, it costs money
- Our location is somewhat essential to the working of the film, it has a unique description and will therefore cost money
- Props, guns and vehicles will all have a financial impact on the film; no matter how low budget, these sorts of things have to look right but more importantly need to follow a code of conduct
- Insurance of the project: public liability, professional indemnity and relevant risk assessments
- Marketing: We have proven that with the right marketing, a film can get the exposure it deserves. We are fortunate to have an excellent team of marketeers on our crew, but a lot of our efforts cost money.
We have seen the incredible success of British films recently (12 Years a Slave and Gravity to name two).. But what does the future hold for British films?
- Arts Council based funding is incredibly difficult to get and takes an incredibly long time to achieve
- Your contribution will help give a team of talented artists an opportunity get recognised… You never know where they’ll end up! They could be the next Benedict Cumberbatch, Olivia Coleman or Martin Freeman!
- We want you to be proud of what you’ve helped achieve… So that you can use it as an ice breaker in social situations and so that we can work together again!
Can’t contribute? Here’s how you can help anyway…
Do you have access to a social media account? Give us a Facebook or Twitter mention, and help us gain traction and maybe get #RATCATCHERthemovie trending! We are grateful for any help you can give to get us to our target…
Be sure to follow us on our social media pages:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/RatCatcherTheMovie
Twitter – @ratcatchermovie
Thank you so much for spending your time reading our campaign! Wish us luck! 🙂